somethings wrong...

Jun 27, 2015
Red Hook, NY
Hello, all.
I am new to the forum. Hope I am in the right place.
Our pool (15x30) oval was 8 years old, rusted wall from the cove, was under warranty so I have new wall free, The liner was replaced also pro-rated.
I called a pool company, to put up the new wall. Did a great job.

attachment.php

Looks nice and even, except for the front cap closest to us.. no big deal.
So I went away for 4 weeks, (mom sick) and my hubby called and said when you get back, I have to show you something. Show me now via email or phone. He did.
now the following pictures are of the direct opposite of what you see above.. but in stages going around the oval end.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I went outside to look at the pool. I was shocked. He said he noticed it the 2nd day after the pool guys left. I didn't see it at all, because I wasn't able to go near it, due to mom.
He snapped a picture to my phone. I went crazy. Couldn't get them to come out all summer, so we closed the pool for winter. Called them again, they came and said it was the wall sides pushing out and misaligned the post. They jacked the side rails, the bands attach to, up an inch. This is my final result. All uprights look like the one on left, except that one. I am told its because water needs to be higher... but it was full when we found it like that. Any clue what to do? the bottom plate is partially hanging off the block, by 1/2 inch.
Thanks so much my friends.
:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_2353_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_2353_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 331
Welcome.

Are you saying the bottom plate is NOT sitting on the block and that up right is not plumb?

Yes, the top of the side rail is pushing inward toward pool, and the bottom looks like its pulled out, but not sitting 100% on the block. You can see in that last picture
there is an overhang.
I walked around the pool it looks great until I see this one upright leaning in on top and out towards the bottom.
Is there a way to fix it while the pool is half empty. I dont want to fill it until i fix it.
Thank you, for replying.

oh forgot to mention, I pushed and pulled all the caps above the side rails around the whole pool and they dont move. The one in question has quite a bit of play. Forward and Backwards, but nothing is missing or unscrewed loosely.

Attachments

• IMG_2347_resize.jpg
    IMG_2347_resize.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2353_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_2353_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 91
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.