How high can my cya be?!

Jun 16, 2015
Sacramento
Hey all
new to this site and for the last 5 years I've been dumping Diclor in my pool. Well, this year I haven't been able to get it under control. I wonder why? Lol . Any way i got my test kit, recommended here and tested water . It was literally off the charts. No problem, I thought, I knew it would be high
ive been doing a countinious water change for the last 48 hours at a rate of 4gpm.i can't see any change in my test results. Was my cya at 1000?!
Btw my pool is 22500 gallons as calculated
Help!

Thanks
i assume that since my test kit says to use 7ml of pool water and 7ml of test fluid I can use equal amounts of water and fluids in any equal proportion? Otherwise my test fluid will be gone before I reach proper levels!

Thanks to all
still running a continuous water change. About 4 gallons per hour. Finally seeing some movement in my tests. At this point I figured cya was in the high 100s. Maybe even more. I think I have about another 48 hours of pumping and filling.
So- when done what is the next parameter to attack?
thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw- when all done I figure I will have done an almost complete water change

With all that water exchange I would think there is no way you have adequate chlorine in that pool, and that needs to be addressed.

I'm assuming you stopped using the Dichlor 3 days ago, how have you been maintaining FC, and what is the current FC & CC level.

You will most likely need to SLAM the pool to kill off any algae that has started to bloom.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...tain-shockingl

Before you do anything post a full set of test results (FC, CC, pH, CYA, CH & TA).

Please add all your pool details to your signature so we can accurately help you.

Dom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Understood. I added3/4 gallons chlorine. At this point, I'm going to wait a few days and see where cya settles. Plus I'm waiting for the cya test regent I ordered!

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions on a dairy chlorine dose for my size pool? Is there a rule of thumb

You can use PoolMath to determine your FC range for your pool. Enter current test results in the "now" column, desired result in the "target" column and hit calculate. Be sure to complete details for pool size and type at the bottom of the poolmath page. This will also be where you see your FC range.

Understood. I added3/4 gallons chlorine. At this point, I'm going to wait a few days and see where cya settles. Plus I'm waiting for the cya test regent I ordered!

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions on a dairy chlorine dose for my size pool? Is there a rule of thumb

2-4ppm is a standard range of daily chlorine consumption.

Every pool is different and sun, high heat, bathers, and organic material will all cause fc to drop. Some days I lose 1 ppm some I lose 4, just depends on what's happening that day. After using liquid chlorine for a while you'll get a feel for your pools needs and can probably guess what to put in. Stay at target not the minimum, as long as you're below shock level it's safe to swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.