Laars Lite 2 wont do anything at all

jm90

Jun 27, 2015
MN
I have a Laars Lite II pool spa heater (LD125N) with the electric/ceramic element instead of the pilot light. We just moved into the house with this heater and have inherited all the problems that go with it. It worked fine for a few days after i completely went through it all, vacuumed everything out, replaced pressure sensor, replaced ceramic heating element, a few worn wires were replaced as well. It worked fine for a days as I said, it has the 7 second delay on the element, and 40 second ignite delay, both worked fine. Now it's as though its not even getting power anymore. The element never heats up, and just plain out nothing happens, it doesn't even make those "click" sounds anymore. I checked the power source, the source is good. I unplugged the heater and left it unplugged over night thinking maybe some sort of safety may have been tripped on the board that would reset with no power running to it. This morning still nothing happens. We have a pool party this afternoon for our daughter. I need this fixed asap. thanks for the help.

At this point it could be anything. You need to get a Volt/ohm meter and start checking things. since the igniter is not glowing I would start by checking the safety circuit first. If that checks out good check to see if the igniter circuit is putting power to the igniter. The leads from the board should have 120 volts when the circuit is energized.

I do not have a volt/ohm meter but I will be running to the hardware store to grab one in a minute here. I bypassed all 3 safeties that I know about... I'm sorry I haven't been around pools enough to know the names of them all but I bypassed the pressure safety, the little white one that looks like about the size of 5-7 nickels stacked up, and the one at the very top of the heater near where the water enters through the PVC. And still nothing. Is it possible the board under the switches is bad?

If there is no schematic showing all of the wiring and associated safeties on the unit, it can be found online with a little search. It is important to have this to troubleshoot so you can follow the logic in the circuits. Without it, you are on a cross country road trip without a map/gps. As to a bad board, I do not want to hazard any guesses. I don't troubleshoot that way. I need data.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.