Sun deck option for above ground pool?

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa
I enjoy looking through the pool build threads and really like seeing the sun decks people are including in their pool.

It got me wondering if there is a sun deck option for an above ground pool. We have a special needs daughter that is 7 years old. She is about the size of most 4 year olds. Our pool is too deep for her to be able to touch the bottom so whenever she is in the pool she has a life vest on. She tires easily and I would love to see some sort of sun deck feature for her to be able to go and sit on and splash around and still be able to be in the water. We have purchased a used stair system, not a wedding cake set, but stairs and we are hoping to be able to modify that and she can rest on them.

Has anyone seen a sun deck option for an above ground pool? I know there are some stools that are submersible, but I was looking for something a bit bigger so she could play around and not worry about her tipping it over.

THANKS!!!

Your pool is big enough, you could add a few of these.

I LOVE that idea. That is exactly what I am looking for. Will have to go by HD and see if I can find that shelf system or something close to it. Daughter has a life vest on when she is in the pool, but I think it would be great if she had a place to "land" and take a break. I don't think I would take her vest off though. She can't swim and she is very accident prone, so I know she would fall off right away!!!

THANKS so much for sharing your idea. I will put this on my list of projects for hubby!!!

Now, if we can just get the pool to clean up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.