New Admin and New Owner

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Well, another full year at TFP has come and gone and the site continues to do very well. Together we've been able to help thousands of pool owners take control of their pools and eliminate the stress of having a mismanaged pool. The creation and administration of TFP is something I am very proud to have been a part of. Since the inception of TFP we've had a terrific cast of moderators and support staff without whom this site would not be possible.

It's with mixed emotion that I am announcing that effective today, I have transferred over ownership and administration of TFP. Running this site is a very time intensive endeavor and while it is something I have enjoyed greatly, I now need to make room for other priorities. Aside from running this site and my full time job, I am spending a steadily increasing amount of time helping my oldest daughter pursue her dream of becoming a professional singer. Of course becoming a successful recording artist is a long shot dream for anyone, but she's got the talent and drive and as her dad, I'm going to do everything I can to help her reach her goals. Any of you parents who have children with similar aspirations or maybe who are involved in sports at a very competitive level, probably have a good idea of what I am talking about. This summer will involve quite a bit of travel on her behalf and I simply won't be able to continue to run TFP with the same level of commitment that I have in the past and that you all deserve.

However, I think you will all share in my excitement that the new owner of TFP will be none other than our own Dave Smith (AKA Duraleigh)! Dave is the owner and creator of TF Testkits and has been an important contributor to TFP and to all of our success as Trouble Free Pool owners! While TFP and TF Testkits have shared mutual goals and indirectly benefited from each others success, the two have always been owned and operated independently. Dave recognizes the amount of time that it takes to run a forum like TFP and in taking on this new responsibility, does not want to sacrifice any of the customer service and quality that Tf Teskits has come to represent. With that in mind, he has asked Jason Linhart (AKA JasonLion) to serve as the full time administrator and public contact for TFP. Jason, who has already been my "right hand man" for quite some time, will essentially take over my role at TFP. Of course all the moderators will continue to ensure that TFP remains the very useful and friendly site that you have all come to know. Dave, Jason and myself, all have a similar vision for TFP so I think you'll see a pretty seamless transition. For my part, I will continue to participate at TFP and have agreed to help Dave and Jason on an ongoing basis for as long as is necessary to ensure a smooth transfer.

Again, thanks to all you members who have supported TFP and our efforts here. Your contributions have been invaluable and have made TFP what it is today!

Please read below for a message from both Dave and Jason

Thanks again,
Sean

duraleigh said:
Good Morning, TFP members and guests,

If ya’ll don’t know the story, Sean inaugurated this website almost two years ago and, a few days later, I got an email from “JohnT” telling me about a “new forum” to check out. I had been considering an attempt to put together a test kit for some months and Sean’s site seemed the perfect avenue to introduce my kit.

As we saw the forum and the test kit both heading towards success, Sean and I tacitly agreed to a “right of first refusal” should either of us decide to change courses. Sean has made that decision and I have, as you now know, purchased the site.

My first choice was to convince Sean to keep the site. He has done a great job developing this site and his creative efforts and energy were apparent throughout. I did not feel I was up to the task of doing what I do and managing the forum as well.

Enter Jason Linhart (Jasonlion). Jason has agreed to take over management and administration of the site. He is technically very, very qualified and, if you’ve been on the forum at all, you will recognize his excellent, well-written posts.

His willingness to accept this task will allow me to do what I know how to do….work on improving the test kit, adding a few new products and holding prices right where they are.

You will see no change in the spirit of the forum. TFP has become the pre-eminent swimming pool site on the net for one reason……your participation and the great spirit of helpfulness that exists here…..quite unique to find that in a forum.

I hope you will all continue to contribute and share your pool experiences with all of us. (BTW, January has seemed pretty active for a pool forum….Is it just my imagination?)

See ya’ on the forum!

JasonLion said:
I am thrilled that Dave has offered me the opportunity to work with him, and with all of you, to continue building Trouble Free Pool into the internet's pre-eminent resource for pool owners.
I want to thank Sean for the outstanding job he's done over the last two years. TFP has grown into an amazing resource; one that has helped tens of thousands of people take better care of their pools. My goals for the coming years are to build on the amazing work Sean has already done, while not changing any of the things that have made the Forum great. I love the welcoming and vibrant community we have created together. TFP already contains a wealth of pool knowledge, and the community is always happy to answer new questions from novices and experts alike.

I bring to TFP my extensive computer experience, including programming, web site design, technical support, and computer games. I have also spent a great deal of time working on and teaching cooperative business development, conflict resolution/mediation, fire tending for sweat lodges, and serving on a couple of non-profit boards. Of course, most of you are already familiar with my work here at TFP.

I look forward to working with all of you to find ways to make the Forum even better. It's going to be a great year.

See you on the Forum,
Jason Linhart (JasonLion)

Sean, you will be missed. I can't thank you enough personally for saving my sanity when it came to the pool that I had grown to hate but eventually came to love, the Trouble-Free way. Allowing me the opportunity to become a moderator has been very rewarding, so thank you.

Good luck to your daughter and your family as you pursue your endeavors.

Sean, thank you for creating this site, maintaining it, and managing its growth. The fact that the site has grown so quickly is a testament to the quality and dedication of your work. I wish you the best in helping your daughter with her budding singing career.

Dave and Jason, the transfer of ownership and administration of this site into your capable hands is great news that softens the blow of Sean moving on. Congratulations!

Richard

Sean, thank you so much for caring enough to ever get this ball rolling. You have, indeed, helped many people who would have given up and had their above-grounds taken down. My family is very thankful to you, and all the moderators, for all your accomplishments with this site and look forward to many more years with our new family!

We wish your daughter the best and hope you'll let us know when her first album comes out so we can all go out and buy it FIRST! :)

Thanks again,
Cherie

I am so grateful to you Sean for not only creating this site, but for making sure it will continue without you. Glad to see this site not turn into what happened with Ben. I listened a little to Savanna, sounds like talent to me, very understanding of your choice.
Dave, you have a great product, I appreciate you and wish you much success.
Jason, thank you for your talents and great advice.

Congrats all around!

Sean - Thank you for what you started and turned into a HUGE success! You went above and beyond to make this site live and flourish. I'm happy to see that you realized that your absence (to be a good and supportive father) could result in diminishing the site and thoughtfully chose your successor! (ie. you didn't just put it on E-Bay for the highest bidder)

I know we'll still see you here as your schedule permits and look forward to progress reports. Please let us know when we'll be able to help your daughter by buying a CD or giving a vote.

Thanks again!! (for everything)

Jason - Thanks for stepping up and taking on the extra responsibilities of Site Admin! (I honestly have no idea what's involved, but it's gotta take more of your time than being Site Admin did - now maybe I'll be able to answer a post before you :D )

Dave - Way to go, man! Thanks for keeping the site 'in the family' when Sean felt the need to abdicate! Given your track record with the test kits (see my sig) TFP will continue to run smoothly. (... I'm just waiting for the post saying "we're not sure if memberships are being accepted so if everyone would just PayPal $.01, we'll be able to figure out what's working and what's not" -- HA HA - and,yes, now Evan can take me behind the pump house and beat me with a backwash hose)

I guess the point of this is to thank the 3 of you for doing what it took to keep TFP viable, consistant and running.

Also - thanks for doing it at a time that wouldn't distract from Obama's inauguration

TED

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sean,

Thanks for starting the site and all the work that you have put into it. Good luck in your future endeavors and I hope they are successful.

Thanks to Dave and Jason for continuing the great work that this site has brought to the industry. I think that the discussions on this site are unparalleled anywhere else on the net and it would surely be a shame to not continue it.

Just saw this announcement.

Thanks Sean, for all the time and hard work starting this site. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Congrats to Dave and Jason, I'm sure you'll continue to do a great job (it looks like you're well on the way)!

Thanks, Jim

Thanks. Things are going well. She's going to be doing a few appearances in Nashville this summer, including a locally televised talent contest.

I agree about the site. I think Jason and Dave are doing a fantastic job. I feel much better knowing that the proper amount of time and effort are going to continue to be put into maintaining and improving TFP.

Sean! Thanks for creating this site and helping pool owners to exercise POP and all that good stuff. I listened to you daughters music on her my space and I like it...she is really good...you are right about the music biz being hard but she has a huge advantage and that's having you in her corner....a dad's support is priceless!

Dave! Well, we've met personally so I am like, whoa I know the new TFP owner, I am feeling special now:) Good Luck, I am sure you'll do an awesome job!

Well, back to my POP....I am getting rid of the green sooner or later!
Cheerio,
NCSalt aka Tanja

Sean, thanks for launching TFP, growing from its roots and strenghtening it's core without changing the focus on member-supported content and contribution. With two kids of my own I understand (and share) your willingness to sacrifice personal projects for their success. Besides, they only grow up once. Cherish the extra time you get to spend together. Perhaps you can pass along the following to Savanna - Thanks for sharing your songs on you MySpace page. Great voice, guitar skill, and stage focus (even with cameras and noise). Consider put Savanna's cover video for "Probably wouldn't be this way" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3BHZhlC ... r_embedded near the top of her MySpace page. It's the best showcase of her vocal and guitar talent and the audio quality and video stability are both very good.

Jason, I've seen your posts in the past and looking forward to reading more. your pool calculator (http://www.thepoolcalculator.com) helped me size my pool build (100% DIY). Thanks for taking the Admin baton and carrying on.

duraleigh, thanks for taking the mantle and keeping the complimentary pair of businesses together. I truly appreciate your keeping the forum alive including the spirit and focus on member content. I hope the members continue to make this a rewarding investment for you. (I'm looking forward to using my TF-100 kit this year for the first full season. Prior to last fall all I used was test strips and a bleach bottle every few days.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.