edging for grass. steel, brick, or marbella

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
i am going with oxidized steel for a fence and gates in the yard. i figured i'd also do the oxidized metal for edging. one landscaper told me the kids could get hurt on it. we've had 2 bouts of stitches/surgery within the past 2 weeks! so i have to consider what he's saying. maybe a tripping hazard, too?

another option for us is old chicago brick before i order it to put under out grape arbor. i was told that we will have to keep up with it so that the mortar stays so that grass won't grow through.

the other option is marbella and i'll have to do the math but it's probably 2/3s the cost.

i'm trying to consider pluses and minuses like having enough space to mow...
any thoghts appreciated!

Well, I can't really comment on which to use but if you have had t2o bouts of surgery and stitches in the last two weeks with what you have, it's time to get rid of it!

Good luck!

Casey, i know. i'm in such a hurry to get the backyard finished and i feel like there's lots of waiting. now we've put sealing the marbella on the front of the list cuz paver company urged us to do that before the monsoons. so we've stopped using the pool ad working in the yard, waiting for it to dry and be clean to seal on monday and now it rained. :( back to square one. the yard is pretty flat, now. the second bout of stiches was due to my hyper kid hitting the other kid in the forehead with the glow in the dark pool noodle; the battery side of it. :( there's always some excitement around here! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.