I think I fried my Goldline Valve Actuator (GVA-24) for my solar heater

Steverino

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
Central PA
Tonight I just discovered that somehow the wire from one of the temperature sensors got wrapped around the handle of the valve actuator. As the actuator opened & closed over time (moving the handle each time), the wire got wrapped tighter & tighter until I guess it stalled the motor, leaving the valve partially open, and the 2A fuse inside the Goldline solar controller blown.

I unwrapped the wire and replaced the fuse. The controller lights came back on, but the valve actuator did not move to complete it's cycle. When I played with the toggle switch on the actuator, the fuse in the controller blew again. I opened up the actuator - smelled a lot like cooked electronics. One of the capacitor(?) wires promptly fell out of the end of the capacitor.

So... wondering where I go from here. Can anybody help me troubleshoot this? Is there any way to test to see if the motor is fried before I go to more trouble here?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Steve

Steve, I can't help but someone should be able to here shortly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.