new build in South Texas thread (caught a thief) funny-sort of

martinkennedy

Platinum Supporter
Sep 8, 2013
Those of you who have seen or followed my thread "new build in South Texas" can appreciate the effort we put into our build. Well someone wanted what we have!! I have 13 cameras that cover the outside of my house and surrounding area. The video will show someone trying to steal our 55' Sunbrite flat screen. It is enclosed in a weather resistant case. It weighs 125 lbs. The thief came over the wall and tried to remove the TV. He couldn't do it and proceeded to look for tools in the outdoor kitchen cabinets. He found a bottle opener in the fridge (left the beer) and tried do use this to remove the TV. This is where the video starts. The video is short. When he wasn't successful he ran, but then came back and looked in the windows and tried the doors in the house. MY WIFE WAS HOME!! The dogs saw him looking in the window and starting barking and alerted my wife who didn't know what they were barking at. The thief ran and by the time my wife let the dogs out the thief had jumped the wall and she never saw him, but the cameras caught everything.
Long story short, thief caught and arrested. Trying to steal the TV is one thing, trying to get in the house is unforgivable!! I was not home, I was at work. I have a concealed weapons license and had the doors not been locked, and he gained entry and I was home the outcome could have been different for this young man.
The video is funny, sort of. The video is connected to my photo bucket account, click to play

I should have added that when the police interviewed him, he was asked by the detective what happened to your head? "I fell". Are you sure a TV didn't fall on your head? "No man" You want to see a video? The detective played it and the wise a__ THIEF laughed and said " you should send it to Americas funniest home videos" He doesn't even know about the series "Caught in the act"

I should have added that when the police interviewed him, he was asked by the detective what happened to your head? "I fell". Are you sure a TV didn't fall on your head? "No man" You want to see a video? The detective played it and the wise a__ THIEF laughed and said " you should send it to Americas funniest home videos" He doesn't even know about the series "Caught in the act"

Lol, can't argue with stupid when it is on video...lol

I'm glad nothing more serious happened and that we can laugh at the video. What an idiot.... so good he was caught. Is he a young kid? I'd love to have seen his face if he saw your dogs!! Do you still have the three?

Thank goodness ya'll are ok! Take care, always. Suz.

Suz, we still have the dogs. As he was trying the door handsels and looking through the windows the dogs saw him and sounded off. He could see them getting off their couches and that is when he high tailed it out of the yard. He is 18. :calm:

Well, the video is far from funny to me only because I'd be really freaking mad that he was hanging off it like an ape n I paid for it with my hard earned money. Another thing is that if I'd of seen him, he'd of been digesting lead on the patio. He's very lucky you weren't home because We'd of done the same thing to him... Ya know?!!!

After the TV fell on the thief, he ran. I told you he came back and looked in the windows and tried the doors until the dogs saw him and he ran. Here is that video. Click on it and it will rum from my photo bucket account

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm glad to see you are trying to have a sense of humor about this. If I were in your situation, I couldn't care less about the TV, but I'd be PO'd that someone invaded my private sanctuary like that. There is no price for your sense of security and safety. I hope you follow this person's case through the court system, make contact with the prosecutor, and fight like heck to make sure he pays restitution, gets a long term of probation, and perhaps even wears an ankle monitor. He is too young to start down this path and needs a harsh wakeup call.

But the video is indeed funny....ha!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.