Who's ready for summer!?

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
I SURE AM!!! I have already started to clean the pool. Albeit it did turn green with this freaky GA weather (which of course is nothing new) I put in 4 bottles of bleach the other day and the pool is clear, but still got some green slime on the bottom and of course leaves. If the temps get even close to the 60's I am going to vaccum it out and hopefully it won't be a pain in the rear until the first swim in April or May.

Oh and our walmart here is already putting out the summer stuff! Pool chems, beach stuff. I was like WOAH,LOL and the GV bleach prices for the 96oz bottles have come down!!! Was 1.52 now 1.38! Of course I got my usual weird look from a few peeps with 12 bottles of bleach in the buggy!

Had a record low here in ND at -40 air temp. Yes I didnt studder, -40 is the air temp and not the windchill. WOW, now thats cold.

I would say with 3-4ft of snow across my pool and how cold it has been this winter, It may be late April before I can even think about starting to work on my pool as well.

Have a good one everybody!

We are thinking about the swim season already too. As Lulu said we have had some strange weather here in Ga this winter. Our pool to is green right now because of it and we also have some leaves on the bottom of the pool. BUT ... with now knowing how to cope with it because of the BBB method I know that our water will be cleared up in no time and we will be swimming in late April or early May !

I am sooooo ready for summer!

I hope it's a HOT one!

Here is how my pool looked at high noon today... :( Not so inviting.

See our screwy GA weather is... we are "suppose" to get some snow late tonite, early tomorrow morning. I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!

I ended up pouring 4 bottles of bleach in the pool and ran the pump for 2 nights and it cleared it right on up. Now just got to get the leaves out! Hopefully I can get a pool rover jr here soon and it can do the job for me!

Hope everyone has a great day! Mine isn't starting to well since I am off to take my 3 yo to her Dr for an xray of her foot/leg. My friends 8 yr old kid decided it would be fun to try a wrestling move on her while on the trampoline landed on her leg/foot and well ruined her birthday party yesterday. I am LIVID to say the least!!

I can't wait till summer. My pool is one big snow covered block of ice. We have had a LOT of snow and cold weather this year, I also plow snow as a second job and I've been up to 70 hours a week combined. I'm completely sick of it now. :D

I'm sending it your way lulupalooza! Since you don't get any! :twisted:

We're in for 3"-5" tonight and ran out of oil yesterday. Ugh. We do burn wood though so we're fine... Just. Can't. Wait. For. Summer. TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.