Pool clear but not crystal clear

nuce70

Jul 18, 2014
Deptford, NJ
Pool was crystal clear then all of the sudden I noticed it was clear just not crystal like it should be

Here are my most current readings

Cya-50
FC - keeping at 7
Ta -90
Ch - 90
Ph 7.8

The only big change from the last time I checked all my numbers is the ph is higher. Any suggestion? Should I SLAM?

Thanks

My CC is currently 0 ( just tested it)

My FC is 6.5 tonight at 9:30pm, I'll post my FC for tomorrow AM.

What kind of overnight loss would I look for to SLAM? And what is that overnight loss telling me is going on?

Also should I be running 24/7 until I get the problem fixed ?

Thanks for all the help

How'd the OCLT go? We're breaking daylight n you should have already performed the test.

I agree with the filter cleaning. When my DE filter got full water seemed hazy. Cleaned filter new DE and 2 days later sparkly again :)

If your chemistry checks out and no signs of algae for SLAM then check the filter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea I've heard that too, I try not to backwash too often. I've tried the de in the filter before but every time I do it the pressure rises after an hour or so and I have no return pressure back into the pool. Almost like the filter is dirty again. I wasn't adding much, about 1 cup total, but it just didn't seem right. Should I try with less de? If I see a rapid rise in pressure is that telling me my filter is catching the smaller particles?

Yea I've heard that too, I try not to backwash too often. I've tried the de in the filter before but every time I do it the pressure rises after an hour or so and I have no return pressure back into the pool. Almost like the filter is dirty again. I wasn't adding much, about 1 cup total, but it just didn't seem right. Should I try with less de? If I see a rapid rise in pressure is that telling me my filter is catching the smaller particles?
yes, you only add enough DE to get a 1psi rise in pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.