Apr 3, 2007
Florida
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello everyone...

SeanB, thanks for the new forum....I've learned a great deal from the other sites, but am glad to be able to join & post here.

We're currently having a 24' 52" AGP installed with a 16'x24' deck and a 4' walk-around.

We're excited about it, but the weather hasn't been cooperating very well here in Michigan...

maybe someone can help...

not sure how to post the nice cropped images like you guys did without having the outline box like in my attachments...

thanks!

day 4...

crew completed more of the framing around the pool, but didn't get any pics yet...snowed all afternoon...got 3 inches..

aargghhh!

here's another pic from day 3:

19.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Holemania,
Quick question, I built a deck like yours a couple years ago, Why did you take the deck over the coping instead of under it? Will be a pain when you go to cover it at the end of the swim season wont it?

we had another 24' abg with a partial deck in nashville a few years ago. i built that deck under the coping.

we just liked the look of the deck right up to the water's edge (there will also be a 1x4 or 1x6 facing board from the deck surface down to the coping also).

yes, it will probably be more of a pain to cover it...i'm still mulling over exactly how i'll do it.

i could devise a way to attach the cover to the deck or i could crawl under the deck to run the cable through the cover and still get under the coping...not sure yet...

yes,

we are using the dek-bloks.

i have not used them before...on our previous deck, we dug holes and poured footings.

seems like these are going to work well...i've already been walking, jumping around on it & it seems very sturdy....no shaking or swaying.

obviously, we'll have some frost heave here in michigan, but on these pier blocks, the deck will be completely "floating"....it won't be attached to the house...just right up next to the house.

btw, that's another reason we didn't construct the deck boards under the coping...

day 6....

really starting to take on form today with the trimming of the deck boards...

work will continue tomorrow...hopefully, will get some railing up!!

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Where did you get the plans for the deck? I want to do one this summer, and I planned on using the deck blocks too. I am going to go under the coping though, although once you get a 2x6 coping on under it it will look sharp. Keep the pics coming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.