Central Michigan AGP and Deck Install

day 7...

railing & 2 sets of steps added...

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

very nice... quite similar in design to what I want to do. I also plan to put lattice around the outside, so it looks like I have a huge deck, and not an AGP. Our back yard faces the main road into our subdivision, and I just don't love the look of AGP's.

(I hope we will be able to do the deck blocks, since the deck will be DIY... they sell them at our local HD, but somehow I think they are against code in our area... we are code happy over here in NKY, one of the fastest growing areas in the whole country!)

I built my deck 3 yeards ago, I used deck blocks (got deck of the month too :) ) the blocks work great. It is very sturdy, I have had 60 mph wind here and the deck did not budge a bit. I am very happy with the product.

That is one great looking deck! I'll bet you can't wait to start enjoying the whole deck/pool experience this year instead of just pool.

We just finished building the main part of our deck too and used the Dek Blocks. Last night a weather system rolled in with 68mph winds. Not a thing budged! We did put ours even with the top rail of the pool.

well, pool and deck are completed for the most part...still a couple of little things to do...

in retrospect, maybe we should've waited til a little later in the year for this project due to the cold, wet weather and saturated ground...

the yard is trashed...water, ruts & mud...to be fixed up later when it dries out...

but, when warm weather does arrive, the pool will be ready...

here's the latest pics...i'll try to get some aerial pics from the roof later.

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Holemania (Dave),

I'm installing a pool very similar to the one you are doing. I had to dig out about 24 inch on one side and just about none on the other. Now I see you filled in the sides with dirt where you had to dig it out to get the pool in. Is that suggested to do that. With the dirt against the pool side like that? Because I was thinking of doing the same thing just was not sure if it would be ok. And on the deck I found the same sight for the plans. Yours look great! I hope mine turns out just as nice. But I would like to add privacy fencing to my deck, about 1/3 of it (don't want to see the neighbors). Do you think I should dig the post out and use concert or will the dek-block be ok. With the wind and all. That is my concern.

Thanks,

Ingo

If you are planning on using the deckposts to mount privacy fence on, I would dig them in, and also it may not hurt to upgrade to 6x6 posts, as you will have a 6 foot tall solid fence that stands 9 feet tall (I'm guessing) potentially. That could equate to taking some serious blasts.

ingo,

i hope it's ok to have the dirt against part of the pool wall...we had screened top soil delivered, then tamped it down to support the inside deck blocks.

i still want to add some more cross-bracing...between the 4x4 posts....just to give me more peace of mind for stability.

but, as it is now, the deck is off the menard's plan (55lbs. per sq. ft support, i believe).

i agree with sevver....if you're gonna have a privacy fence, you will probably need even more stability 'cause the fence will catch alot more wind.

well,

here's an updated shot...don't know if it qualifies for the slideshow, tho...lol

still have some clay mounds to fill in ruts and bring more top soil once the ground dries up some more.

then, i still want to put some edging, landscape fabric & river gravel around the perimeter of the pool and surrounding area...slowly, but surely!

60.jpg

Attachments

• Med_new web page.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.