And now my watch is ended.

May 30, 2015
Southern Illinois
So I just passed my first SLAM last night! Water is sparkling clear, 0CC and my FC was 21 last night and 21 this morning! But I do have a question/concern. The reason I got algae in the first place is because my FC level drops quite a bit during the day and I'm new to this so it got down to zero a few times to my surprise. An example this morning at 7AM I was at 21ppm FC and four hours later I am at 12 which means i'm losing a little over 2ppm every hour. I need to keep my FC up this time and I am wondering if I need more CYA and if so how much. I currently am at 30ppm, sometimes I think it's 40, but when it's super bright out, without the sun directly on it, 30ppm seems closest. The pool temp is approaching 90 and it's been near 100 here everyday, so what level would you recommend? There is no shade at all on the pool, so it receives sun for about 8 or 9 hours a day, which I have heard helps algae get started if given the chance. Thanks everyone, you've been a huge help!

I have 50 ppm cya and lose usually 2ppm per day. Every few days I lose 3 or a bit more depending on use and sun. Based on my loss I like to dose to 7 and drop to 5 and sometimes 4. I like the comfort zone of basically staying between 5 and 7. Works well for me!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.