Replacement liner for Intex 18'x48"

RADA

Aug 8, 2014
Apple Valley, CA
Any ideas where to get one?

The liner hasn't failed yet, but it's looking a little sick around the gills, so to speak.

Four years in the CA High Desert sun has worked it over pretty well.

Can't find it on the Intex website, think it has been discontinued.

My wife bought the pool at Target 4 summers ago, so can't really blame Intex for not stocking it any more...

Thanks for the help!

From what I've read here, the replacement liner (if available) is almost the cost of replacing the entire pool.

Search the forum, there is a thread where Intex owners have used expandable liners right inside the original, as long as it is still structurally sound (no rips or tears, no large holes)

HTH,
Dom

EDIT:
Here you go:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...lacement-liner-inside-of-Intex-18-metal-frame

I have been looking to replace my 16X48 liner, but it disappeared from the website a little over a month ago. I finally decided to call Intex yesterday (25 JUN), and I was able to order the replacement liner. The liner was $221.88 + shipping $49.13 = $271.01. I live in California so after sales tax it came to $288.76. The good news is, it'll be here tomorrow (27 JUN). I asked why it no longer appears on the website and was told that too many people were ordering the wrong one (metal frame vs. ultra frame) so, they want people to call to order them. I was also asked how many pump hose holes mine had. Apparently, the law here in the US now require a second outlet hole for safety reasons. My original liner had two holes, but I ordered the three holes just for fun. I'm hoping the hole diameters are the same. I found a picture here on TFP and it appears as though the outlet holes might be higher. I don't like that.

I believe the newer 2-suction port pools are 1-1/4 fittings vs the older 1-suction port fittings at 1-1/2.

Does Intex provide the new "tee" style plunger valve with that new style liner?

Dom

It is very simple to cut the holes larger, so no worries there. Just center the new gasket over the existing hole, draw out the new inner size hole with a marker, and trim with scissors ( just be careful and go slow).

Watch the sales at local stores, cheaper to buy entire new pool sometimes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.