Pressure gauge for Intex sand filter

SunnyBama

Platinum Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Birmingham, Alabama
I think I need a new pressure gauge for my sand filter; the gauge never moves. It will register 0 with the pump off but when the pump is on it never goes above 5. It's the gauge that originally came with the system. Given the fact that Intex has proprietary sizing on all of their equipment, I am wondering if the gauges sold on the tftest kits site will work. Has anyone here used one of these gauges on an Intex pool?

Yes, I got one. I had to get a bushing at the hardware store, seen below, to adapt it to fit the Intex filter.

My tftest filter only shows 5-6 lbs pressure after a backwash, so your Intex gauge may not be that far off. But it's a nice, cheap upgrade anyway.

temporary_zps1m76w0ql.jpg

Yeah, it was less than $2. Just take your old and new gauges with you and ask a clerk to help you find something to make it fit.

I've replaced my Intex gauge with this one:
http://tftestkits.net/Pressure-Gauge-Glycerin-filled-2-5-Rear-Mount-p78.html

You will need an 1/8" MNPT X 1/4" FNPT adapter, as shown in the pic posted by jeffchap.

The gauge is very good quality, and much easier to read than the original.

BTW- my clean pressure is about 9-10psi.

If you decide to take both gauges with you to the hardware store be sure to isolate the filter so it doesn't drain the pool through the open pressure port.

Dom

Reactions: bjmsam
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.