Cold water!!!

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
I didn't really close my pool this year, just set the pump to come on if the temperature is predicted to get below freezing. I do have a solar cover on it to keep the worst of the dust out of it, though. Anyway, I decided I should probably clean out my filter cartridge. I do not have a valve on the side that goes to the pool from the filter, so I had to stick my arm in the water up to my elbow to take the return eye out and put the plug in the return. The water thermometer read a shade under 50. Brrrr!!! My husband was laughing at me.

:hammer:

You want to talk about cold. Try up here in ND. Yesterdays high temp was a balmy -17.

Yea you read it correctly. The low yesterday morning was -40.

Now that is cold. My pool has a 4 ft snow drift across my cover that is bending down on top of the ice pond that I call my pool.

At least tomorrow is suppose to be in the twenties. May go outside wearing a t shirt considering how cold its been! :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.