Cloudy Pool

Jun 5, 2014
Lincoln, NE
I started the SLAM on Monday. I was on here last year and you guys helped me through it. My CYA is 50 and I have been keeping it above 20 since Monday. Wednesday it turned cloudy blue and rose 1 pressure. The last 3 days I haven't been seeing a notice in clarity and the pressure has been staying the same. My filter is pretty efficient. Last years slam cleared up after 2 days after being blue. When I opened the pool it took only 3 days to go from green to clear. I notice for the past 3 days that the filter pressure hasn't gone up. This morning I backwashed it, hoping that if there was some channeling or something else going with the filter it might fix it. Do you think I'm just being impatient? Should I just give it a few days?

Give it time. It will get there. Bring it up to shock level, give it a good brushing and then find something to do to take your mind off of it. Mahoney State park is nice. Or, drive over to Ashland. The Glacial Till Vineyard has a neat tasting room. Have a nice glass of Nebraska wine and relax. Walk next door and check out the Willow Point Art gallery. Gene Ronka is a really good artist with some neat local artwork.

By the time you get home it will be time to test and adjust the FC again.

Glacial Till Vineyard

Well I spent my time at Wanahoo lake all weekend, coming back and forth. I can see the main drain now. It is still taking forever though. Its going to take another week at this pace. I kind of wanted it done by the fourth of july. ugghh. Patience, patience, I guess. Just weird my filter was way more effeicient the last two green pools.

Questions please answer. It was clear finally (still not crystal clear), so I decided to vaccum to waste. I am horrible at vaccuming, so the pool got all cloudy again. When I was done I notice a tiny bit of sand in the leaf catcher and a little bit of sand in the backwash bottle (the thing you look through to see if your backwash is clear). My pump is about 2 PSI more (18 PSI) than normal of 16 PSI. What are the symptoms of a filter that is leaking sand? I know it has taken forever to clear but it has cleared some bit each day. Do you think it was just sand at the bottom of the pool from other source other than the filter. My pool was pretty dirty on the bottom. Something wrong with the filter would explain why it was taking way longer to clear the pool than usual.

I went to where it goes to waste and there is a lot more sand. I started tapping on the filter and it gives way from the top to almost little below half way. So I am guessing the sand is about to halfway in the filter. Is that not right?

I went to where it goes to waste and there is a lot more sand. I started tapping on the filter and it gives way from the top to almost little below half way. So I am guessing the sand is about to halfway in the filter. Is that not right?
Google your sand filter and take a look at the manual. It should give the information on what is "full".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got in and in front of the jets there are some small piles of sand. I guess on Monday I'll call the pool store. Be like 3 weeks before they can get out. Two years in a row I haven't been able to use my pool to August almost. Ridiculous. House might be on sale soon, if anybody is looking to buy in Lincoln. Look into bulldozing the thing too. I've spent about two full time weeks on this thing and still have yet to swim and its July.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.