Where does the problem lay?

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
My waterfall will not go. I turn the knob and hear bubbling but nothing happens. I also have a fountain which is not working (not even a bubble). The return lines are not putting any water out. I have a spillway from the spa into the pool and it is going full force, unlike I have ever seen. I have no clue what to do. My cleaner is working and running around the pool with no problem. My filter is working, no problem. What should I do? Could my pipes have frozen? TIA!!

Many pools have a three way valve that controls where the return water goes, either pool or spa or both. Assuming your setup is like that, and the pipes aren't frozen, it sounds like that valve is all the way in the spa position. Typically that valve would only be in the spa position when you were using the spa, but it is possible it has gotten stuck in that position for some reason. If you can find that valve, take a close look at it and see if changing it's position does anything.

No they are not on a different pump. I can not run the spa and the waterfall, just one or the other. I have an intillitouch/ wireless remote and the spa feature is not on. I tried adjusting the valves (like I normally would) to turn the waterfall on and all it does is make a loud gurgling sound but no water comes out. I tried playing with the valve for the pool to turn it more open to allow more water to come out of the returns in pool but nothing happens. The water just keeps pouring out of the spa though.

Sometimes valves will stick in one position, especially if under pressure. Have you tried turning the pump off, and then exercising the valves? Pictures always get better answers, too. Best wishes, and Good Luck!

Budster - you hit the nail on the head. The pool runs fine until we switch it to spa mode. Then it gets stuck in this postition. My Dh actually figured it out. I have a call in and luckily I am still under warranty. The guy stated they are going to have to replace that whole section. Another year and I am going to be paying out the nose on this pool since my warranty will be over and I have had thousands of dollars of repairs and replacments since we built the pool 2 years ago - UGH!

Andiejj said:
Budster - you hit the nail on the head. The pool runs fine until we switch it to spa mode. Then it gets stuck in this postition. My Dh actually figured it out. I have a call in and luckily I am still under warranty. The guy stated they are going to have to replace that whole section. Another year and I am going to be paying out the nose on this pool since my warranty will be over and I have had thousands of dollars of repairs and replacments since we built the pool 2 years ago - UGH!

May the problem be resolved, and may your money stay in your pocket! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.