Old pump on new Pool

Jun 19, 2015
Fresno / CA
Hi,

i just bought a 15'x48 above the ground pool. Now last year i had a 10'x30 easy pool which broke. I have the old pump left. Its a Flowclear. Very small one, though. My idea was to use it also with the new pool. I want to put it on the side and let it suck out the water from the top and then sprinkle it back in. Now i dunno if this pump can do this? Its not sucking water in. Tried different hoses, but nothing helps. When i look thru one of the holes i see the little propeller spinning?! Anyone tried such a thing and knows how to make it work?

Thanks

Your hoses should be going into the side of the pool, not over the top. The pump probably isn't self priming so it will not work over the top rail. An intex 4400 gallon pool uses a 1000 gallon per hour pump so if yours is that size, it is probably sufficient, although if you cannot hook it up and need to buy something, I would get a small sand filter setup.

Your hoses should be going into the side of the pool, not over the top. The pump probably isn't self priming so it will not work over the top rail. An intex 4400 gallon pool uses a 1000 gallon per hour pump so if yours is that size, it is probably sufficient, although if you cannot hook it up and need to buy something, I would get a small sand filter setup.

Thanks for the answer. I was hoping there is some "Trick" i can pull off to make it work, but i kinda know it will not...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.