Phoenix restaurant recommendations

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana
Hi all,

Tomorrow, I'm boarding a plane and heading to Phoenix, AZ. I'm travelling there to visit my brother and his family. They live in Gilbert, AZ. Can anyone over that way recommend any good restaurants we should try while we're there? Our group will have 5 adults and 5 children ranging from 2-11 years old. Half of the group is vegan, so if you know of good places that cater to plant AND meat eaters, that's great. We will not always be sharing meals with the vegans in the group, so list any type of restaurant. I love to try new regional foods!

Hello S1ngram! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post on local restaurants. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. The server problems have impacted several forum replies. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

We made it back from Arizona. We amazingly found several restaurants that catered to all of our tastes. NYPD Pizza, Joe's Farm Grill and Pita Jungle. Pita Jungle was my favorite.

We stayed at Arizona Grand Resort. Now that I have become a pool water chemistry nerd, I feel like I can comment on the pool water at the resort. The resort has Oasis Water park that guests can use. The water there seemed to be well cared for. No off smells, but the water was pretty salty tasting. I REALLY wanted a tour of the behind the scenes stuff for the water park...pumps, filters, etc. I'm sure that qualifies me as a major pool nerd.

Near our room was a smaller pool. Being around young children pretty much guarantees getting splashed in the face. My eyes burned from the first splash. After I left the pool, I had to wear glasses instead of my usual contacts for the rest of that day. I'm guessing there was a pH problem in that pool. There was a bit of chlorine odor too. So, I'll say that pool needed some attention.

The entire resort area around the pool and the water itself was kept extremely clean. The property was also exceptionally clean. I would definitely stay there again.

It was a great trip and it was great to see my family. I am so glad to be home, but I really miss the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.