Indoor Pool troubles

Colad

Jun 21, 2015
MA
Hi All, Not sure of the information I need to post for help but I will get any info requested as soon as I can! I am a new pool owner in general and now have an approx. 20,000 gallon indoor kidney shaped pool. the enclosure is surrounded bye the house on three sides (two sides via walls, one side via 5 French doors to the house) and one wall with an accordion door that can be opened to the outside. I have managed to get the chemistry under control using advice from this site (thank you!). However I am battling the Air quality/maintenance. The pool has a Pool Pak dehumidification system with heat and cooling. We have a solar cover (in contact with water) on both the pool and the Spa. When I moved into the house we the pool room had the water temperature at 70 degrees and the air temp at 76 degrees. the RH was between 55-58%. I used the pool last Tuesday and increased the water temp to 80 degrees and the room to 83 degrees to compensate. Since that time I have not used the pool and not been able to get the RH below 70%! I turned the water temp down to 70 assuming the temperature would lower over time but in fact in many instances according to the system it has actually gone up to 81-82. It currently reads at 78 degrees. I have tried various temperatures for a 24 hour period each with no avail (everything from leaving it at 83 degrees to lowering to 76 degrees. I should mention I keep the rest of my home (which is sealed as mentioned above from the pool room) at 72. And the exterior temperatures here in MA have been everywhere from 65 at night to 88 during the day. I do not have condensation on any of my widows and the return air from the unit does blow over the skylights and up from the floor over the exterior windows.Any advice is welcomed (on this or anything indoor pool related as I am about to tear my hair out!) Thanks!David

Welcome to TFP!

Glad your water is under control. I can't help with indoor pool questions but we do have some experts here with indoor pools. There has been trouble with the servers yesterday and today. They should be along soon and hopefully can help with your questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.