508 Errors yesterday, still super slow today

Good morning. Not to be captain obvious, but you were getting 508 errors yesterday and today is brutally slow. Is there a plan afoot to beef up server resources or is there a hack eating your space? Obviously this question can wait for a less critical time ;) Just curious.

Hello,

We are sorry for the issues you are having. Currently TFP is experiencing an outage that we are currently working to fix. While it's somewhat working, there's clearly still multiple issues. *

We are VERY sorry once again for this issue, but hope to be back up soon.

Lee

i looked up other pool forums, sadly nothing compare to TFP. i found a few that are ghost towns where posts dont even get replies like this one, another where every questions is answered by the same guy who gives typical "pool store" answers (lots of cal-hypo) here. but the funny thing is, every forum no matter how obscure or old, has posts by some guy named chemgeek :)

p.s. the pool forum seems to be like algae in a TFP pool - dead in the water

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i looked up other pool forums, sadly nothing compare to TFP. i found a few that are ghost towns where posts dont even get replies like this one, another where every questions is answered by the same guy who gives typical "pool store" answers (lots of cal-hypo) here. but the funny thing is, every forum no matter how obscure or old, has posts by some guy named chemgeek :)

p.s. the pool forum seems to be like algae in a TFP pool - dead in the water

I bet pool forum is having their busiest couple of days right now. Not for posts but for all of the TFP junkies who are over there desperately trying to get a fix.

There is no substitute. I just browsed around over there for a few minutes and *yawn*.

Please come back TFP! I have now had to resort to cleaning up my emails from the past 6 months. :shock: Ugh.

Took 5 refreshes to get this page up...I agree, this is no bueno. Looks like it's either a vbulletin software issue, or a server availability issue...I'm leaning toward vbulletin, because even when the forum isn't working, the pool school static pages seem to work...that, and the random database errors I see in some pages returned.

gillbee, I'll disagree :) If it was vbulletin it shouldn't be so sporadic. Looks like a hosting or network issue to me :)

Wait, you said static pages work, so I'll still disagree with it being vbulletin but highly likely is database related!!! What does the site use anyway? MySQL, SQL, Oracle?

- - - Updated - - -

gillbee, I'll disagree :) If it was vbulletin it shouldn't be so sporadic. Looks like a hosting or network issue to me :)

Wait, you said static pages work, so I'll still disagree with it being vbulletin but highly likely is database related!!! What does the site use anyway? MySQL, SQL, Oracle?

As you can all see, there are still a number of issues that are currently still occurring on TFP. While I wish I could give more details into these issues, we are working on it once again. Ozzy was up until around 3am this morning doing his best to get things at least somewhat restored. He's on it once again now. I'll do my best to keep everybody updated as we go.

Once again, we are VERY sorry for this issue. It's not something that should happen.
Lee

Leebo and Ozzy work very hard to keep TFP running smoothly, in addition to living life in the real world with families and work obligations. Sometimes no matter how hard you work it all goes down the tubes! In time they will get everything up to speed again. We may not be at optimum efficiency but we are functional, which is far better than yesterday! I deeply appreciate these guys and the time and work they put into keeping TFP up and running! Leebo, Ozzy, you guys rock!:punkrock::rockon::salut:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.