CYA Questions

May 24, 2007
First of all, Thanks so much to EVERYONE for all of their quick and informational responses I have gotten from all my questions! I recently posted about having the 36,000 gallon pool. I feel like I'm constantly dumping tons and tons of bleach into the pool. It looks great but is not holding the cholorine throughout the day. I started without any CYA and purchased 12 lbs from the pool store and added it all through a pantyhouse, etc. It's been 2 weeks later and unfortunately I haven't been able to retest CYA because I ran out of the solution SO fast! I just ACCIDENTLY purchased the 1pt. size of CYA 50ppm (R-7065), however the test kit I have is for 30-100ppm (R-0013), which I'd RATHER be testing for. So, how do I test with the R-7065? Any one with instructions on this? My CYA 30-100ppm test provides me with a bottle with 7 and 14 marks, as well as the view tube which measures 30-100. Can I use these supplies the same way with the 50ppm test? Also, with a 36,000 gallon pool, full sun and high bather loads what CYA do you think I should be shooting for (50ppm) ?

Next question. I still have some 3" stabilized chorinating tablets leftover from last year and want to go ahead and use them to try and get more CYA in my pool, but don't want to go overboard. How much would one 3" tablet add for CYA? The ingredients are 99% trichloro-s-triazinetrione and 1% other ingredients.

THanks again for all your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.