Help high salt

Jun 14, 2015
Arkadelphia/ AR
I have high salt I added what it said 125lbs for a 5061 gal pool. I used HTH salt test strips and the ppm is at 2880 the book says from 2500-3500 with 3000 being optimal but I am getting a high salt alarm the SWG is only 2 weeks old.

Results
Th 100
Fc 0
PH 7.5
Ta 80
Cya 30-50

I just don't get what's going on I am only using test strips until I order a test kit on Fri and my water is cloudy I slammed it 2x Fri and Sat started to clear up but now the same as before
Please help newbie

How long ago did you add salt? The pump needs to run 24 hours to dissolve and mix the salt. Sometimes a little brushing is also required with Intex pools.

Did you test salt before adding? You cannot assume salt is 0 to start, many things add salt to water. Your water could have had 400-600 ppm of salt to begin with, especially if it has been in the pool for a while.

Salt tests are not all that accurate either, +/- 400 ppm usually. The only ways to reduce salt level is to partial drain, splash out or overflow from rain water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.