Greetings from WV

Hi and welcome to the forum. Like you i was set on a fiberglass pool at the start. One of the most important parts of a fiberglass pool is the install, must be done right or it will crack if not installed level. Plus you will want a good back fill and that's not sand. So your installer/Pool Builder is the big choice you will make. You may only have a few to chose from. Next make sure the pool has a good gel coat. A good gel coat will not crack or fade in five years. On the plus side is that fiberglass pools can install quicker, algae has a harder time sticking to it and they say you can use less chemicals in a fiberglass pool. On the down side is you have fewer shapes to pick from(there are many popular shapes) the gel coat will eventually give out(12, 15 or more years for a good one and not 5 to 7 years as some cheap ones do) not as easy to add a spa or waterfall to a fiberglass pool. Hope this helps.
By the way, the reason i didn't go with a fiberglass pool is the only fiberglass PB in my area that i would have trusted never returned my 3 phone calls nor my two internet request.

Hello and welcome to TFP. :wave: I'm a FB owner and absolutely love my pool. If you have any specific questions about the selection process, installation, or care/maintenance of a FB pool, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to expand. You can see pics of my pool (before, during install and after) below at the "My pool" link below. Welcome and have a great day.