Another question about metal stains

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
Some may know I been battling stains. Do u think it would be wise to bypass my heat pump since we don't use it much anyway. My thoughts are the metals/ copper can be introduced to the water by way of the piping.

I have city water so I'm not sure how much if any are in the water supply.

Welcome back ethany! Yes, there have been some cases of copper being introduced into pool water from the heater. Typically it was because they were noted as being either older, rusty, deteriorated, or were somehow poorly maintained. If the system has been maintained in good quality condition that shouldn't be a factor. During your battles with stains, have you actually had the water tested for metals? I don't recall if you did. If not, that's one of the very few tests we do recommend having performed at the pool store (for metals), then we can advise more from there. But just go there to hear the metals results. When they start talking about anything else, just smile and leave. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.