Pro series vs normal

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about pool comparisons. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

I can't answer to the blue ones... but I got the gray one because I like the way it sort of blends in with the yard. It may be the legs are of better quality? Honestly I don't know unless I look at the specs. We are on year two of the pro series... it's a perfect pool for us.

I'm interested in hearing replies to this as well. We have the Blue right now. It was second hand to us and this is our 2nd year with it. I did have to do wit 2 holes this year but I think that was just something that happened during install/take down. I wonder if the grey models are worth the extra when it comes time to replace our current model.

I have the grey Ultra Frame model. The support pieces are oblong vs. round and are presumably stronger. The feet on the bottom are definitely larger. And I've heard the vinyl is thicker, but I cannot confirm that.

Personally, I got it for the aesthetics. I liked the look of the grey liner better. But neither one of them will be permanent. For the price, I'll be happy if I get three years out of it. This is season two, and so far so good. This is my second Ultra Frame, and the first one rusted out after three years. This one seems to be doing better so far. Hardly any rust visible at all yet.

I had the summer escapes 12x36 for my kids. They outgrew it pretty quickly we decided to get a bigger pool and I done alot of research and decide to get the ultra fram as it had the depth we was wanting with that being said the ultra frame liner is alot thicker and like the previous posts said the frame is different definitely much stronger in my opinion. Hope this helps

The liner being thicker would be nice. My blue summer escapes is on its 3rd or 4th summer. Just found the first pin hole in the side wall this summer. I patched it with a vinyl patch / sticker it came with. That seems to be working. But, now my pump keeps cutting off for some reason after a certain amount of time. So, it is dieing on me. Trying to decide if I just want to buy another pool or pump.

Our pump quit too, just after two seasons on that pool, but for the price we paid we got our moneys worth. We decided to go with Intex after reading reviews from Walmart.com and watching YouTube videos about the pool, this is our second year and its doing great. SOOO glad we decided to go with Intex. And it is easily upgraded, and I have learned a lot along the way especially from this site.

Why Intex over Summer Escapes? Besides bump / filter design, the only difference I see is the Summer Escapes already has the skimmer in the side wall, which I like.
Be careful with those Summer Escapes pools with the skimmer. I don't know if they are all the same, but the ones I looked at a year or so ago had the pump & filter built into the skimmer, and the pump is quite small.

At the bottom of the skimmer is essentially a pond/fountain pump with the cartridge filter on top of it. A lot of SE owners end up replacing the pump or retro-fit an Intex system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUEtP2Nq9E

HTH,
Dom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah the pump is under the skimmer on mine. It is dieing, but I like having the skimmer and skimmer hole aleady there. But, you get a nicer pump with Intex, still no sand filter though. So, I guess it comes down to what you want to do replace pump on Summer Escapes when it dies or add an in wall skimmer to Intex. Intex should add an in wall skimmer to theirs. How much would it really cost them. I plan to install an Intex pump. Probably a sand filter. May install those plunger values also. Those seem nice.

We've had summer escapes pools, both regular and pro series. Our original blue pool lasted 3 years before it developed a large hole. The poles also rusted out by year 3. It was a 15 x 42. This year we got a 12x24x52 pro series. I have to say the liner is much much thicker and the poles seem much sturdier. We upgraded 2 years ago to an intex sand and salt water filter. It required some extra parts to make it work, but worked on the old pool and is currently working beautifully on the new pool. Our pro series pool this year did come with the pump in skimmer. We simply removed the impeller in that pump and connected the intex pump. It works great! It did require a couple of extras to connect intex to pro series, but don't let the pump in skimmer stop you. Our pool has been up and running for a month now with clear water! So far so good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.