How often to replace test kit

mommark

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland, MI
Last year, I bought the TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, and I still have items left over. I am wondering if this is something that should be replaced each year or if the testing liquids would still be okay to use this summer as well.

From a Taylor standpoint, your reagents are all expired. That said, if you have had them stored inside, you are probably good for another season (but there's always that lingering doubt)

See this post for my suggestions by reagent. Basically, the organic dyes are most sensitive and the Taylor recommendation for annual replacement is conservative. If you keep them in a cool place indoors away from sunlight, then they should generally last 2 years but I wouldn't push it beyond that. The acids and bases last essentially forever and I believe the CYA reagent is quite stable as well though I probably wouldn't go more than 3 years on that just to be safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.