AquaGlow Underwater Light Show

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
Although we would not have purchased the AquaGlow Undewater Light Show at SRP (just under $30), when we found them at Lowe's today for $3.93 for the 2 Pack :shock: , we had to try it out!

Brought them home, added 3 AA batts, selected our light show, & put one in the pool :mrgreen:

That was just a test drive for some fun for this summer!

Anybody else find some good deals out there? Tell us about it! :lol:

Hey Butterfly...I was like you. I saw these at Leslie's while shopping for friends for Christmas and they were on sale for $10...perfect! I even got one for myself. Well, I hope you weren't counting on them going all night! They EAT batteries! The longest it lasted was 30 minutes. So, good thing they were cheap! Have you had that experience as well?

HarryH3 said:
You forgot to give us the most important information... Do they work? Is the light useful or simply decorative? Sorry Harry! They are "...disco balls that float", so, decorative only! They have seven different light shows.....(lights flash randomly, chasing lights, two speed flashing, in a wave, lights fade from one to the next, lights stay on continuously, randomly cycles through all shows) Some are really too intense for us! There is a warning on the instructions inside: "Warning: Seizures - People with photosensitive epilepsy can have seizures triggered by flickering or flashing lights such as strobe or disco lights." After seeing the disco ball in action, I made a mental note not to have more than one margarita while it is on :roll: J/K Actually, the "in a wave" & "lights stay on continuously" are kinda' soothing.

midtngal said:
Hey Butterfly...I was like you. I saw these at Leslie's while shopping for friends for Christmas and they were on sale for $10...perfect! I even got one for myself. Well, I hope you weren't counting on them going all night! Actually, I did expect that they would last a few hours during a cook-out or something like that. On the instruction sheet (which is inside the container), the unit is to automatically shut-off after one hour!

They EAT batteries! The longest it lasted was 30 minutes. Rut-Row :shock:

So, good thing they were cheap! Exactly!

Have you had that experience as well? I'll let you know :wink:

Well, the AquaGlow "Starship" model is the improvement over the original, and I've not had dealer/customer complaints at all about that product. For the $3.93 paid for a pair of the older models, I can assure you you got what you paid for. The Starship is all over the internet at $29.00, and even the original model was sold into distribution for several times the price you paid at Lowe's.

I'm sorry that they didn't have good battery life, though, it would have been a steal. :roll:

Hey Budster,

We don't have info on the batt life yet. So far we have only tested one and only for about fifteen minutes! DH went back to Lowes and bought another set! yep, another $3.93 :mrgreen: .

We want to be able to have them in the pool for a longer period of time on some evenings! Maybe they will work out, or maybe not. But, either way, we have very little invested and the grands should have some fun watching the light shows!

I gotta' say that we already have our money's worth out of them.....DH turns them on and shows them to everyone who comes over.......inside! :lol:

I've got a couple of them, and won't mention what I paid for 'em.. (actually I don't remember what I paid for them!). They were OK, but if you have a good sized pool, you'll need more than one and maybe more than two. Only problem I had with them was they would get sucked in to the mouth of the skimmer and partially block the water flow. First and only night I left them floating in the pool, I awoke to hear my pump gurgling.

Yes, meatloaf, I agree....somewhat disappointing. But...they served their purpose as a novelty Christmas gift to my friends with pools (and of course I had to have one too! :lol: ) Bottom line, at this summer's party when it's time.....I'll have everyone gather around and watch it for the 15 minutes that it lasts and hope no one has a flashback!! :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.