Problems with SAVI LED lights

dwnsth

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2007
SE Louisiana
Since pool was installed, about 1 1/2 years ago, I've had to replace all three SAVI LED lights. Just the other day, one of the replacements went out. I only have the lights on about 4 hours a night. Spa version of light has never had problem. Was wondering if anyone has had issues or problems with these lights. I think PB is getting tired of replacing (they have a 2yr warranty) but very concerned once that runs out. When they work, they are very nice and I would consider them a perfect light. However, if they only have a few months life at 4 hours/night then something just doesn't seem right.

Although they say LEDs are rated at 10,000 hours or more, the supporting electronic components may be of poor quality and can have a much shorter life span, so premature failure of LED units are common. Over heating can also be a concern.

I will cautiously add that a couple of my dealers have complained about the short life on the Color Splash brand of LED bulbs. The Hayward Colorlogic and Pentair Intellibrite LEDs have fewer complaints. The SAVI is a different design entirely, and I have seen the product, but have no customer experience to relate. Sorry. :|

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.