Ladder for a saltwater pool?

emil

Oct 21, 2014
Tujunga, CA
Hi guys,

So I've decided I need a ladder in the deep end of my saltwater pool. I know, I should have put in a swimout during the gunite phase, but being rookie pool people we didn't. So to the experts out there, can you please recommend me a good ladder? What type, plastic is best?

Is this the best one? http://www.amazon.com/S-R-Smith-VLLS-103E-VW-SealedSteel-Escutcheons/dp/B002FL542Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434989789&sr=8-1&keywords=s.r.+smith+SealedSteel+ladder

Here is a link to a picture of my deep end:
_SAM1546_zps8ff76aa4.jpg

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about a ladder. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

I would definitely consider adding a point of egress from that deep end with those high bond beam ledges. A child can easily drown in that situation. Sorry to be a downer, but that almost happened to me as a kid in a similar pool. A ladder or little step would go a long way. :D

That ladder looks like it will work. Do you have access to or a location on the bond wire near the point in your deck where you plan to place the ladder? Even though the ladder is coated with a vinyl coating to make it corrosion resistant, is is basically a steel ladder and, under a strict reading of the NEC pool code, it has to be bonded since it is in contact with the water. If the deck was built with a metal mesh (which it should be), then it should be a simple as core drilling the deck sleeves and making sure there is a reliable connection to the metal rail and the decking mesh. This ensures that the ladder can not cause stray currents to flow and give people shocks...or worse...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.