Cooler Pool

magicruiser

LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2015
Houston TX
Our dig is scheduled for tomorrow. Just talked with my son who has a pool in Georgia. He says the only problem they have with their pool is the water is sometimes too warm. Is there anything, outside of installing a chiller, we can add to the pool to help keep the water cool ? Do water features help ?
Also, does the pool finish color ( we are using Wet Edge ) affect the water temperature?

Deck jets run in the early hours of the morning will drop the temp of a Houston pool a few degrees.
The longer the arc the more heat transfer/evaporation.
I thought the humidity here would stifle this effect but it absolutely works.
I am hoping that running my waterfall for a couple of hours pre-dawn will have a noticeable effect on mine.
Until it gets hot I can't really test the this method.

Yes, running water features overnight will lower the temperature. So will running solar panels at night. Running water features will also raise your PH, so keep an extra eye on it. Darker colors tend to make pools a little warmer.

Deep pool, light plaster, shade on pool, spraying water, no spa.

Well we won't have a deep pool, but hopefully the jet sprays and waterfalls will help. May choose a lighter Wet Edge finish. We moved here from Virginia, so Texas heat is something we're trying to get used to. Thanks for your help !

Well we won't have a deep pool, but hopefully the jet sprays and waterfalls will help. May choose a lighter Wet Edge finish. We moved here from Virginia, so Texas heat is something we're trying to get used to. Thanks for your help !
After speaking with several neighbors regarding water temp who have white plaster pools and one with a darker plaster we decided to go with a lighter quartzscape, something called "blue". So far we really like it, also like the fact that the LED lights seem to be putting out true color on it. Glad we went with a lighter quartzscape vs. just plain white, seems to make it pop a bit.

It can get a bit warm here in Vegas and the last thing I wanted was to climb into a warm pool on a 110 degree day.

ComputerGuy: What's the name of the brand and/or name of the fountain? Where did you buy it?

My pool doesn't even have water in it yet, but I like pool water to be as cool as possible in the summer. In the 70's would be great, but I realize I'm going to have to settle for lower than what it is without any devices!

Thanks!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.