Different cover options

That is my concern, If I winterize here in a a couple weeks, drain the water down below the skimmer. Put on the mesh cover and we get rain over the next 2 months, which is common,, now the pool could be back up to normal and could cause issues.

I would think that would be a pro of a solid cover, keeping the water out over the winter,, and other stuff.

That is my concern, If I winterize here in a a couple weeks, drain the water down below the skimmer. Put on the mesh cover and we get rain over the next 2 months, which is common,, now the pool could be back up to normal and could cause issues.

I would think that would be a pro of a solid cover, keeping the water out over the winter,, and other stuff.

I bought a mesh cover before last year. I just drained about a foot before the water froze to make way for the snow and ice and I drained it about 6 inches in the spring when it thawed.

If you winterize the pool properly (Antifreeze, blow out and plug the pipes, Gizmo, etc.), the ice won't cause any issues.

Before I got my mesh cover, I had a solid cover, It is near impossible to drain water off the cover in below-30 degree weather and snow. I would have to pump water from above the cover and put a garden hose under it to raise the water to normal. A mesh cover allows rain and melted ice to raise the water level for you.

Loop Loc mesh was delivered and installed. It took 2 guys 8 hours. I'm dreading having to remove and fold this thing in the spring!

XxEG7Tq.jpg

Purchase an extra removal tool from Amazon. Then with two people, unlock and fold, keep doing this until you get to the waterfall or it becomes to heavy. Then work from other side and slowly remove off the pool. The springs will keep it from sagging and falling into the pool. Nice cover.

Loop Loc mesh was delivered and installed. It took 2 guys 8 hours. I'm dreading having to remove and fold this thing in the spring!

XxEG7Tq.jpg

I always mark one corner of the cover with a piece or red surveyor ribbon. That way when I lay it out in the fall and get ready to unroll it, I know what corner the ribbon goes on.

In the spring when I take it off, I like to fold it accordion style, it makes is much easier to put on in the fall.

XxEG7Tq.jpg

I'm gonna guess they make minimum wage. I have a 20x40 Grecian, and I may have taken me an hour last year to put mine on, and it was my first time and I wasn't in a hurry. Either they were dumb, or playing the system. I vote playing the system, unless neither one of them drove. Shouldn't take you an hour to unlock and roll it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always mark one corner of the cover with a piece or red surveyor ribbon. That way when I lay it out in the fall and get ready to unroll it, I know what corner the ribbon goes on.

In the spring when I take it off, I like to fold it accordion style, it makes is much easier to put on in the fall.

Accordion style is supposed to be less stress on the folds in the cover, so it doesn't get damaged from being folded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't think I would have been $8k happy with a solid :p

I must have missed the $8k cover. Wow that's a bunch of money. I would never want anything but a solid cover unless I had an above ground, but $8k would make me question a cover at all. I could probably run a heater and keep it above freezing as long as an $8k cover would last, and it would be prettier too.

That bad boy is going to be heavy. I have my pool closed by a company and there are three of them struggling with it every year. You will need to get a dolly to move it to where ever you are going to store it. Also get the spring rod to unlock the springs unless you want to lose a finger.

That bad boy is going to be heavy. I have my pool closed by a company and there are three of them struggling with it every year. You will need to get a dolly to move it to where ever you are going to store it. Also get the spring rod to unlock the springs unless you want to lose a finger.

I absolutely have to use a dolly with mine. I could drag it, but it would tear several holes in it.

Did they use longer anchors? Are the pavers on top of concrete? I'm curious how they would hold up installed in a paver deck vs concrete. I don't think mine are long enough that they would go past the pavers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.