bubbles!

Jun 20, 2015
Mendham
After 8 years of normal operation I have suddenly started see lots of bubbles coming out of my return lines into the pool. I have tightened all of the fittings and think they are tight. The pump (a Hayward 1.5 hp Super pump) has also gotten noisier, I suspect I might have a problem with the pump seal. How commonis this , how easy is it to repair, is it better to jsut replace the pump

Hello Tom and welcome to TFP! Before we assume it's the pump, have you seen this page and exhausted everything listed here? Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks
If so, then let us know and check back as someone who has experience with your pump may be able to help assist you. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Welcome to TFP! If the seal is bad, it will leak water, not suck in air. Air in the return is a suction side leak; usually at a fitting or the lid of the pump. Clean and lube the o-ring, then take a hose and run water over the fittings one at a time and see if the bubbles decrease. Is there a bunch of air in the pump basket?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.