BBB has empowered me!

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I've been using BBB now for a two swim seasons. Prior to that I had to "pool store" it.

I've been letting my pool go a little since the close of the pool season. By that I mean that I'm trying to get my 12 year old son to take over :)

I had family coming over for the holidays and they wanted to use the hot tub, so I figured I needed to clear up the pool and get it looking better. Pre-BBB this would have frightened me as I knew it would cost me $100+ in chemicals and lots of time and frustration. This time with BBB I had no worries. My son and I went to Wal-Mart bought 8 big bottle of bleach and with testkit in hand knocked it out in about 48hours. It was great! And always, always works! No guessing, no FUD, just good results.

I tell everyone I know that has a pool (most everyone in my neighborhood) about BBB. However, they only get told once, then its up to them :)

dave

Dave,

I know exactly how you feel. Until I was able to understand some basic pool chemistry, I was pretty dependent on other "experts".....usually from the pool store.

As it turns out, the true experts are right here on this forum. I'm not really one of them but I've sure learned from them.

Amen Dave and Dave !!

I was just out at our pool as a matter of fact taking care of some leaves in it since we didn't close or cover it this year (1st time since we've owned it) My wife went out the other day to check the skimmer basket because right now I only have the filter running at night for the cold temps (been in the high 60's low 70's here this winter :shock: ) ... anyway I asked her that night how the water was and she told me fine. When I went out tonight it was green :shock: :roll: . Normally I would have pitched a fit because of the $$$ in chemicals we would have had to get. So I came inside told my wife we need to get the leaves out of the pool this weekend and put the leaf net on and some bleach in the water ($1.50/lg bottle) to clear it up and not worry about it until spring.

I guess with all the warm temps and rain we have had this winter we got an algae bloom started and I dont go out but once or twice a week now to check the pool .....

It just goes to show you how calm we become when we know fixing something isnt going to be a big deal or expence !!

Thank you TFP !!! :goodjob:

Yeah, we've been having freezing nights but warm days. I have the solar cover on my pool because I own one, and also to keep the amount of desert dust in the pool down. I haven't been doing much except run the filter at night to make sure water doesn't freeze in the hoses. Peek under the cover occasionally; don't have anything growing in there, just a little dust. I am going to rinse off my cartridge tomorrow because I know I do get some dust picked up by it, though. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.