CYA Test Help

Jun 6, 2015
Cedar Run NJ
I am having trouble understanding how to correctly perform this test, I've watched the videos and have read instructions several times.(I have the Taylor TF-100 test kit)

The black dot fades but doesnt fully disappear, all of my other test numbers are where they should be(TA at 60 May need to raise?) and water is crystal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance

If the dot never fully disappears, then your CYA is less than 20ppm. You can pour the solution back and forth so you can re-read the test several times and average your results. Sometimes it helps to look at the dot with one eye, look away a few seconds, then look for the dot again. Consistent lighting is important, so full sunlight, back to the sun holding the reading vial at waist level is recommended. If you can still see the outline of the dot, assume the CYA is 20 and add enough to reach 30ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.