FC too high?

Jun 20, 2015
Sherwood, AR
Currently have been reading up a lot on here.. Started buying bleach instead of pool store chemicals.
I returned from vacation and my pool was green and filthy. I started pouring 4 bottles (121 oz) of 8.25% chlorox bleach in at night.
Received my TF-100 today and my CYA seems perfect. (40ish) but i was just doing my FC test and it took 90 drops to clear the test water...
45 PPM?!?! WHUT?

What do i do?!

and mind you, the pool is more blue than green now but still can't see the bottom at all.

Welcome to TFP!

Just let the FC drift down on its own and then maintain the shock FC to follow the SLAM process.

The FC should be in the 20s by tomorrow due to sun. loss

UPDATE: Turned the pump off last night around 7pm FC was around 33.
This morning the pool looked much clearer but a fine dust was settled on the bottom (Hooray for finally seeing the bottom)
Minutes after I turned the pump on the water started getting cloudy... Ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and FC was the same this morning

Well the reasoning behind turning it off was i wanted to see the bottom to vacuum. I've been trying to vacuum for days buy it was blindly.
I am following the SLAM process.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate the quick replies everyone! This entire website has been a lifesaver.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cant edit my sig website is all messed up.
1HP Hayward Pump
Hayward pro series sand filter..?

FC 16.5
CC 0
CH 250
TA 90-100
CYA 35
PH 7.5

Results as of 4pm
currently 11pm still cloudy.

IMO Those results are spot on. The CC indicates there isn't algae? Im still learning here.

Yes, there are some issues with the website right now. Numbers do look good.

PH test is not valid with FC above 10 so you can save that test for later.

CC, no CC is good but it does not mean there is no algae. More than .5 or 1 CC means there is an issue in the pool. I had algae in my pool a week and a half ago. My FC dropped to 1.5 due to heat, lots of swimming and a lazy tester. Water was crystal clear as it has been for 3 years. And CC was 0 then and through my SLAM.

An http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/136-perform-the-overnight-fc-chlorine-loss-test-oclt is a better indicator of something organic/algae in the pool consuming chlorine.

Do you have a main drain?

It would help clear the cloud A LOT if that is opened up so water can come in from the bottom.

I did a SLAM recently and after brushing each day I could not see more than 3 feet down on a 9 foot pool.

With the main drain and skimmer full open and running the pump all but 3 hours a day (had some pump issues and couldn't run 24/7)
the water went from that to crystal clear in 3 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.