Filling a pool with "undrinkable" well water

Jun 20, 2015
Massachusetts
We bought a house with a well and were told that the water was "undrinkable" but that it was ok to fill the pool with. We've lived here about 10 years and filled the pool from the well without thinking about it.
Recently children have been added to the family and their swimming has concerned me as they swallow so much pool water and get so much up their nose while swimming.
Does anyone else do this? Does anyone know around what it would cost to test the well water? is the amount of water they would drink minuscule enough to not have an impact?
Thanks,

98% chance it is fine. Water is water and all of it is drinkable.....once you get out the impurities.

How are you testing your pool water? If you have a good kit, test your well water and report back.

Re: Filling a pool with "undrinkable" well water

I usually test it with the basic red drop yellow drop kits. Wish I'd have just asked the people when we first bought the house wait what do you mean by that?

- - - Updated - - -

My neighbor has a well also, if I asked about his well do you think water quality would be the same?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.