Can I lower my Blower bell?

Not that I can think of.

I see your location listed in your signature, but please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE so we can quickly see it. Thanks.

Mine is 4-5ft too, but the only reason is because the switch for it is attached to the side of it, and there are bushes down low, so it was convenient. It's just a plain ole pipe below it, and I doubt cutting a few feet from it will cause an issue...if anything maybe slightly stronger bubble action in the spa?

Pipe should be at least 2 ft higher that the body of water it serves. Example: If your pool equipment is at the same elevation as the pool water level, and you have a 18"-2' raised spa, your blower could need to be about 4' off the ground (at the equipment). When the blower switches off there could be a "surge" of water that travels back up the air line, and this is why the blower needs to have that extra height to it, to keep water out of the blower motor.

Pipe should be at least 2 ft higher that the body of water it serves. Example: If your pool equipment is at the same elevation as the pool water level, and you have a 18"-2' raised spa, your blower could need to be about 4' off the ground (at the equipment). When the blower switches off there could be a "surge" of water that travels back up the air line, and this is why the blower needs to have that extra height to it, to keep water out of the blower motor.

That makes sense---I've read that some of these blowers have check valves that I would think would stop this from occurring, allowing a lower install point...is that always the case?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.