Odd filter issue

Hello there!

I have a bit of an odd filter problem. Last year I had an issue with it discharging water out the back wash when in filter mode. I rebuilt the valve assembly and it worked fine. Now I go and back wash it the proper way (shut pump off, run back wash for 45 seconds, shut off, rinse, shut off, turn back to filter and turn on). Now it will discharge out the back wash after I have back washed it even though it is in filter mode. The only way to stop it to disassemble the eight way assembly, than put it back on and tighten it down. I am thinking of putting a plug in the back wash port and calling it a day. Any other recommendations?

Sounds like the spring is not seating the gasket when you switch back to filter mode. You could try lifting up on the handle and see if that helps.
Or like you said, add a plug or shutoff valve on the backwash pipe.

Please add a more useful location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it may help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.