Wrinkles in Liner

ned8377

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
Wake Forest, NC
I have some minor small wrinkles in my vinyl liner. They are slightly below the skimmer level and run along one side on the part of the wall that is straight up and down but no wrinkles are on the bottom of the pool or slanted part going to the bottom. I have been told by pool people it could be various things. Could be water behind the liner. Could be the liner was not the right size and too big. Suggestions have been to pump water out of the sides or to use a plumbers toilet plunger to pull out a section below a wrinkle thereby helping the wrinkle to settle out and flatten with the wall. Do any of these suggestions sound like possibilities to the experts? Does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause the wrinkles? They are only on one side of the pool, in the deep end and only on about half of the side. They are not very noticeable really.

Another question is could these wrinkles in the liner be caused by the chemicals in the pool or mineral composition of the water?

Thanks! This is the only place I can turn to for a straight answer. The people who told me the things above were just the typical pool guys who come to open and close the pool fall and spring.

I pushed in on them and it did not feel like any water was behind it or there was no resistance. I could actually pull up on the liner and correct it somewhat but it just goes back to the way it was. It almost seems like if the liner could be pulled up and tucked in better at the top or that place where it is installed that would do it. Here is a picture.
20150620_120227_zps0h7077c0.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.