Question about TFPC Method

I have one last question before switching to the TFPC method, what do you do if you go out of town? How do chlorinate your pool on a daily basis with bleach when no one is home?

Any suggestions?

It all depends on how long you will be gone. You can bump up to shock level before you go and it will drift down. A covered pool will lose less chlorine each day. You can also use tabs for a short period but you need to be aware it will raise your CYA or Calcium levels.

Last option is to recruit a friend or neighbor to help out every couple of days.

+1 what Ship of Fools said. You have several options.....including pucks.

Often, folks think we hate pucks and that's not true at all. Understanding how to use them is key and understanding all the ways you can manage your pool water is what makes you a true TFP dude/dudette. :D

Yup! What we do depends on one thing - whether or not our favorite neighbors are home or not while we'll be gone. If they are - I ask them to just dump bleach in for me. If they're not, we have a Nature 2 that came with the pool. We, of course, don't use it and it sits empty until vacation time. That's when we use the pucks. Since it's usually only one week of the summer and it's a regular vacation, I can plan my levels around it. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.