New in-ground pool - Boston, MA. Lots of pics

Thanks all for the kind words. It is nice to have things taking shape.

I'm still hoping for waterline tile and coping this week.

Kim, the rock is about 9' long. It's currenty burried a couple of feet so it's at sitting height for our future fire pit area. The rock was too big to cart away so they offered to place it anywhere I wanted at no cost. It took a few tries, but the final resting spot is perfect.

The rock is wonderful!!! Have you named it? Something that magnificent and with a story must have a name!

I love looking at the pictures of your house and the property around the pool. It looks like such a restful place. Your house and area remind me so much of my in-laws house on Pocasset. I can still smell that air and hear the silence and feel the soft breeze. A very special place you guys have - and about to be even better with the pool! I'm really looking forward to your tile this week!!!
Take care.
Suz.

Will the chickens be allowed to enjoy the pool?

Hmmm, that's a great question. Our other chickens use to roam about the neighborhood freely. We may have to create a fenced in area for them. I don't even know if they can swim. Certainly don't want chicken droppings all over the clean deck.

Suz, we really love our neighborhood. It's so quiet and peaceful, but still close to the city. My wife purchased the home while I was on a business trip in London. Called me just as I landed there and said "Honey I bought a house". In the same tone you'd say honey I bought new shoes. It was the perfect spot so I can't complain.

Very excited to get the pool finished up. As for a rock name, nothing yet. Will see what the rest of the family comes up with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wohoo. Tile and coping today...

07BD3A94-EFA5-4BBB-BAFC-7422A3BA8387_zpssxqatscd.jpg

Wow I really didn't understand how big that rock is until I saw it next to that mini excavator. That thing is huge!

Congrats on the pool it looks great! I love your yard too and the chickens. My inlaws have some chickens at their house and they have one of those movable chicken coops so they can move it around the lawn so they don't tear up one part.

Early start today. Tile/Coping crew were one and the same. They tackled my coping first. Coping is Techo Bloc Piedmonte in Rock Garden Brown. We have the 12" x 30" stones. After setting coping they grouted the joints and started working on waterline tile. They got here at 6am and were done everything by 2pm.

Here's some pics.

0AB578D9-87C1-432F-A59E-12FD04D09432_zpsdyzebavj.jpg

61182974-68C4-4B34-BFBD-E4040A234846_zpsj10ndixn.jpg

3CD470D2-224F-4E90-85DC-356A10EB8046_zps9l82abkp.jpg

A51AC862-719D-4F4A-9B8B-81E3A0ED2464_zps9xthho2a.jpg

And now for a sneak peak of the spa tile. Still waiting on it to arrive. According to LighStreams it should be here next week, can't wait. Only posting 2 spoiler pics. Glass tile is LightStreams Gold Iridescent collection - Steel Blue. My sample piece is a 2x2, the tiles ordered are 1x1. Excuse the excessively dirty glass tile. It's been tossed around in the dirt one too many times.

D53E95A6-D708-45E2-878F-9612CD3F7113_zpsjxe9xovm.jpg

F89FD1ED-71D8-4F9D-8975-2A542CFD2A56_zpsjqmb24xu.jpg

Timeline recap:

May 18 2015 – Pool Application submitted to town
May 21 2015 – Gas Company marks gas lines
May 22 2015 – Tour paver company coping and paver options
May 28 2015 – Town approved Pool Permit
Jun 11 2015 – Begin clearing grass from pool area
Jun 12 2015 – Day 1 of dig. Encountered buried stumps in shallow end of pool. Required us digging lower to find virgin ground and backfill with stone.
June 13 2015 – Day 2 of dig. Complete shallow end and finish deep end.
June 24 2015 – Plumbing of in-floor cleaning system
June 25 2015 – Start rebar
June 26 2015 – Rebar and plumbing crew show up. They really get moving and get almost all of it complete.
July 1 2015 - Rebar completed
July 2 2015 - Plumbing completed
July 6 2015 - Electrical bonding complete.
July 7 2015 - pre-gunite inspection (bonding and rebar) - pass
July 8 2015 - Gunite 6:30 am to 3 pm.
July 16-17,20 2015 - extend plumbing to equipment pad and grade areas around pool
July 25 2015 - trench conduit for electrical and add crushed gravel around pool for paver deck
July 26 - Installation of coping and waterline tile

Going on 7 weeks of actual build time. Not many weather delays, think what slowed us down was material selection. Deck/coping as well as pool and spa tile selections were not finalized until recently. Product delivery pushed us back a week or two.

For those about to start a pool build. Making selections and ordering them at the beginning can reduce delays.

Hopefully next week we get retaining walls built and paver deck installed. Not sure when they plan to pour equipment pad and install the equipment - going to push them to do that some time during the week. That leaves plaster/acid/fill for the week first week of Aug. We could potentially have a completed pool for our son's birthday party on Aug 15th. Keeping fingers crossed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.