Intex pool splitting

Apr 29, 2015
So,I,have been tracking a leak for 3 days and finally found it tonight. We'll it is 2 small splits right where the pool floor begins to lift from the ground. I have put a patch over it but it is just one of the clear ones with glue.

I am sure this won't stop the splitting. Is there a way to stop it from splitting more? I was thinking maybe drain and find a good piece of vinyl or an old intex scrap and pvc gluing it down really well.

Does that sound like it would work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum,

Whatever you decide to patch with, use the vinyl patch glue. You can buy big tubes of it in patch kits but don't use PVC glue no matter what. I'm not trying to be negative, but the splitting may be impossible to stop.

There is a brand of glue specifically made to patch pools and it has been mentioned on this forum more than one but I can't find it. Someone will see this post and say the brand, I hope.

An actual piece of liner will be the best hope for getting it stopped.....good luck

Put your significant info in your sig so we can tell what size pool you have, etc. Draining 5k is a different task than draining 50k.

You need to triple up on the patch, both inside and outside of the pool, with each patch being bigger than the last.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.