What cleaner do you recommend for lap pool?

AmyJo

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
Atlanta, GA and St Croix USVI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello! I am thrilled to have found this forum! My husband and I purchased a house last year with an existing lap pool. We have many trees surrounding the yard including a black walnut tree, a mimosa and lots and lots of bamboo. (Never thought I would ever hate a tree, but the black walnut needs to either be pruned waaaaaay back or go away entirely).

I have been researching robotic cleaners which is akin to buying a car! I'm so confused. After much research I thought I wanted a Dolphin Premier. Spoke directly with Maytronics who recommended the M4 or M5 and the locally recommended dealer says the new S300i (is the no-swivel cord a big deal?) is the best cleaner for picking up large and small debris. They are all fairly close in price. My husband, of course, keeps asking why a less expensive one wouldn't work just as well - such as the Dolphin Triton. An on-line "expert" told me to get the Aquabot Breeze. Help!!

As 2/3 of our pool is basically wall surface, do any of you have any advice for us? Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The M5 and S300I are top of the line Dolphin cleaners. The S300I is a new design and hasn't had much time for reviews yet, but it should be like their other cleaners with great results. The M4 is a small step below the M5, and is priced a little less. The more you pay with the Dolphins, you get more cleaning power you get and you get better remotes to control it if desired.

There are many people that are very happy with their Breezes and many people very happy with their lower end Dolphins. You can use the search function and try searching robot comparisons and spend all day reading. My feeling is that you will be happy with any of those robots you mentioned.

Thank you ping! We just got back from a locally owned store here in Atlanta and bought the Dolphin s300i! We were able to examine and work with it in their pool on site. Got a better deal than we've seen described online and superior customer service. Fingers crossed that we chose the correct one! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.