Added Stabilizer to bring CYA up to shock but no luck

Jun 14, 2014
Aberdeen,MD
Hey guys,

I've struggled mightily this year trying to balance my pool chemical levels so I had to resort this.

Current readings are as follows:
FC: 0
CC: 0
PH: 7.3
AK: 100
CH: 290
CYA: 20

I just put in 4 pounds of conditioner and cycled it through Wed to today. That bumped my CYA up to 30, so I shocked it with 5 lbs of HTH granular chlorine. I normally use liquid chlorine, and the local discount store has the Austins Pool Tech Shock, but that has not been working for me.

What are your suggestions on how to stabilize and maintain a reasonable FC level?

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Chlorine is a consumable item and is consumed by organics in your pool and UV from the sun. Your chlorine has been consumed by a combination of those two things and needs to be replenished.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School.......it's a great place to start learning how to manage your own pool water. Asl lot's of questions and we'll help as much as possible.

What does your water look like?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.