Dang it! I called Intermatic not once... but twice... and both times they told me...

Apr 7, 2012
I'm a bit annoyed right now. A few days a go I called Intermatic and told the tech what I wanted to do: :(:(:(

Me: "Hi... I'd like to know if you have a timer that can control two 240v devices independently. Could you please help me with that?"

Intermatic: "Yes sir... you're going to want a Intermatic ET1115C..."

Me: "Ok! So to confirm. I'm looking at it here and I see it has a total of 6 lugs... can you walk me through what I want I'm doing?

Intermatic: "Certainly... the two on the far left will be your two hots, the next two will be you 1st Channel two hots and the last two will be your 2nd Channel two hots. You'll want to make sure and set the switch to 240v and the jumper should already be on IND which stands for "Independent"."

Me: "Great! Thanks!! :)"

I then post up here on TFP and I'm told that is not the right information and that the timer won't do what I want... then I found this thread: Getting Prepared to Install a Stenner and it appeared that I could and there were some other threads that said I could although it would only kill one leg...

So... what do I do???

I call Intermatic again... and they tell me the exact same thing, yes -- it DEFINITELY can do what I want.

Well... if I had just studied the dang schematic that I even posted here I would have known that... no it couldn't!

The best I can do with this timer is set it to SIM and use it as a single timer... which totally defeats what I wanted to do.

Should have just listened to the fine folks on TFP... but I believed the people who actually MAKE the thing. Doh!

I do have a question:

With the two far left lugs each with a hot pole... should *any* of the other 4 lugs be hot when the timer is set to "on" (either in IND or SIM)???

Thanks,
Pete

Yeah... I sort of figured it out... although I don't know if it's safe or not. It's rather simple.

The two center lugs and the two far right lugs are nothing more than a relay that either close or doesn't... so I think the idea is that you switch it by killing power to one leg... not sure how "safe that

The et1115 only has 5 lugs, for the 1125, The far left 2 lugs are the power that powers the timing computer... The next two lugs are just a switch for the 1st channel and last 2 lugs are just a switch for the 2nd channel...

The ET1125C is what I meant to write... sorry about that... anyway... at the end of the day I went with the switch one pole only... seems to be working just fine... considering that before i did all this there wasn't any GFI or ground rod, etc... and now there is -- I'd say we're much better off than we were! Now I need to look at the pool light -- I have to guess these momos don't have that GFI'ed either. Horrible

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.