Getting Ready for a Pool Party

May 15, 2015
Ankeny, IA
So, after a rocky start to my Spring I have now cleared my pool and it looks great. I'm getting ready to let my kids have birthday parties in the pool this weekend. This will involve roughly 10 kids for 5 hours. I've been reading that I should bump the chlorine for events like this, but I'm curious how much I should add. Can anyone help on how to handle this many kids?

Thanks in advance!

If CYA is 50, then poolmath says target goal is 4 to 8. I'd get it up to 8 just before the first people hit the pool. As soon as they get out, raise it to 8 or better again. Or whatever the target is for your CYA. Expect it to not be crystal clear at the end. Just run the filter extra long and keep the Fc up and it'll recover overnight.

I took it up to 11ppm before the start of the party. After a couple waves of kids going through the pool it came out the other side in really good shape. The water is a little hazy, but I'm hoping with the elevated FC (still at 9ppm) that it will be back to its beautiful clear self by tomorrow morning!

I appreciate everyone chiming in. It is good to hear the voice of experience on this stuff.

Good deal. Check it again this evening to see if there is any kid stuff left in the pool bringing down the chlorine. If it dropped a few ppm the bump it back to 10 before bed and you'll be ready for more tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.