Need Advice - Which WetEdge Color?

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
This is my tile:

cxjrts2Bs-e1bRJTZliA2y9IAQexA_HddP2HumZ3bgA=w1546-h396-no

I'm getting a WetEdge Primera Stone surface, I'm just not sure which one. I narrowed it down to the blue water options, but there are still several to choose from. I'd love to hear from the ladies, since I have zero taste in style/color/design.

Azure Treasure

Primera Stone - Azure Treasure - YouTube

54cfb3711b376.png

Blue Pacific Coast

Primera Stone - Blue Pacific Coast - YouTube

54cfb457b3502.png

Caribbean Coast

Primera Stone - Caribbean Coast - YouTube

54cfb57fc6050.png

Crystal Coast

Primera Stone - Crystal Coast - YouTube

54cfb5bec0b0d.png

Ivory Mist

Primera Stone - Ivory Mist - YouTube

54cfb651768b0.png

Riviera Coast

Primera Stone - Riviera Coast - YouTube

54cfb6cf2ccd5.png

Sky Blue Treasure

Primera Stone - Sky Blue Treasure - YouTube

54cfb7505cae0.png

I do NOT like Blue Pacific Coast or Caribbean Coast or crystal coast or Riviera Coast-too much black.

My fav is Azure Treasure. I love the blue in it.

Next is Sky Blue Treasure. It has enough blue to overcome the black.

Third is Ivory Mist. It would look the most like a sandy beach.

Kim

I love "Antigua" in the satin matrix.
Primera Stone is the smoothest surface they make, so I don't see any reason to consider any of the other surfaces. It can also be resurfaced, unlike the other types they offer.

Understanding Wet Edge Swimming Pool Finish Products - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

I do NOT like Blue Pacific Coast or Caribbean Coast or crystal coast or Riviera Coast-too much black.

My fav is Azure Treasure. I love the blue in it.

Next is Sky Blue Treasure. It has enough blue to overcome the black.

Third is Ivory Mist. It would look the most like a sandy beach.

Kim
What's wrong with black?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well there is something to be said about the black. Any dirt or stuff in the pool will not stand out!

What look do you want to shoot for? Blue lagoon? Natural beach? Oh so bright blue?

THAT will help us help you.

Kim

A few thoughts... I just went thru this process!

Be sure you consider what the base will look like on steps and sun-ledge, etc. Anything with a light blue base looks baby blue to me, not a pretty pool color of blue. The tan one will make your water look more green while blue or grey will make it look more blue. The lighter the color, the more teal-light blue the water will be, the grayer, the darker richer.

Jut be sure to consider both the look in the shallow and the look if how it affects water color in the deep. WetEdge has several videos on this. Start with how you want the water to look (light blue, darker blue, greenish, etc.). Assuming from your list that you like a rich blue (not super light or super dark, and not green), I'd stay away from Ivory and Crystal.

I like the Carrabean (if it's a light gray base) and the sky blue.

Good luck!

A few thoughts... I just went thru this process!

Be sure you consider what the base will look like on steps and sun-ledge, etc. Anything with a light blue base looks baby blue to me, not a pretty pool color of blue. The tan one will make your water look more green while blue or grey will make it look more blue. The lighter the color, the more teal-light blue the water will be, the grayer, the darker richer.

Jut be sure to consider both the look in the shallow and the look if how it affects water color in the deep. WetEdge has several videos on this. Start with how you want the water to look (light blue, darker blue, greenish, etc.). Assuming from your list that you like a rich blue (not super light or super dark, and not green), I'd stay away from Ivory and Crystal.

I like the Carrabean (if it's a light gray base) and the sky blue.

Good luck!
Yeah, my favorite water color is around the Tahitian islands and the Mayan Riviera. To me, that's a light blue. I don't ever want to have the pool bottom be so dark that I can't tell what's hiding down there.

The problem is knowing how it will look in my pool, with the shade I have. There are basically no videos on the WetEdge site showing the different surfaces in different pools with different lighting. My PB has 2 locations, but neither has IG pools with WetEdge installed, just samples hanging on the wall. The closest location is a 1.5-2 hour round trip, so I'm not hopping in the car anytime I want to see a different surface.

Well I'm also indecisive about our Wet Edge finish. In our contract we're allowed any satin or Pearl matrix,and 3 prism matrix ( blue lagoon, southern lights,and moonlight). Our pool depth will be 9" tanning ledge, 4-4 1/2-5. We have moderate shade. We'd like an aquamarine color. I've looked at their videos a hundred times....just ask my husband ! LOL !
So now I turn to the experts...what do you suggest ?

Ok, you asked for thoughts! This may be more than you wanted, but here goes. I searched google for images of the Mayan Riviera and Tahitian islands to see what "color" you liked. Hard to say, since the images vary so widely. You said you liked light blue, so, I kept that in mind. Also, you coping and tile have very soft, subtle tones, so I kept that in mind.

Azure Treasure: water color pops, your tile and coping are softer. Looking at a close up of the pebble, there is red and green. Not sure you will like that on the shallow ends where you will see it more.
Blue Pacific Coast: water color looks like it will be gorgeous with your coping and tile, but again there is red, and quite a bit of black that you might not like to see close up.
Caribbean Coast: Good water color I think, and a lot less red. This would be one of the ones I would think would suit you.
Crystal Coast: water color nice, not sure about the close up texture, white background with the red, black and blue might be too sharp for your taste.
Ivory Mist: lovely soft water color, close-up very soft on the eyes. Might be too bland, not sure about your taste.
Riviera Coast: Water color seems too bright
Sky Blue Treasure: Water color looks really close to what I "think" you are looking for. The close up on the steps, the blue and black and grey, seem very soft on the eyes, but with enough contrast to give a nice sparkle to the water. I think it will go well with your coping and tile.
Tahoe Coast: I love the water color, and the blend on the close up. I think it will blend well in the shallow end. However, I think this is more my taste, not necessarily yours.

So, my picks for you would be, in order, Sky Blue Treasure, Ivory mist, or Caribbean Coast.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.