Top rail issue

First thoughts---------rubber mallet to gently tap it to where it needs to go with a small nail or such to keep one in place while you use the proper screw in the other one.

three people--------one on this side, one on the other, third with screw ready to put it in when the other two people push the pieces together.

zip ties-put thin in the outside holes and have the screw ready to go on the other one while you tighten the zip ties carefully.

I hope one of these help

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Husband looked over my shoulder and suggested that maybe you could loosen up the others and move them over a hole or two to help "push" the other side over.

I like the zip tie idea... I think the pending solution is utilize 4 or 5 burly guys who happen to be taking our hot tub tomorrow (it was another house purchase inheritance). I had intended to merely loosen the bolts enough to slide the straps for a set of pool steps underneath that portion of the rail, but the tension on it was so great that it just popped loose. The geniuses who installed this pool put it on a dug out hillside without a retaining wall of any kind at the lowest part. 10 years later, the pool is several inches deeper on one of the longer sides thanks to gravity and erosion. The post at issue is on the curve of the oval, opposite the deeper side, so j have a LOT of physics not working in my favor!! I'm hoping with enough guys pushing in the right spots, we can get it back together. The husband and I could get it allllllmost together but then I pulled a muscle to top off the evening!! Lol

You need to go around and loosen all the screws to the other up rights and it will line up where you need to to. You should not tighten ALL screws until every screw is in. Kimkats husband is correct in how to fix this issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.